BikeTechReview.com

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Xentis Mark 1 TT
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Xentis Mark 1 TT

Xentis Mark 1 TT 8 years, 1 month ago #10231

  • VVV
  • OFFLINE
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 26
  • Karma: 0
Anyone have any thoughts on these new, deeper, with thicker spokes, wheel?



Will you guys be testing them?

Re: Xentis Mark 1 TT 8 years, 1 month ago #10232

  • Tom_Anhalt
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1007
  • Karma: 0
VVV wrote:
Anyone have any thoughts on these new, deeper, with thicker spokes, wheel?



Did they put any type of markings or features on the front wheel so Jan (or his mechanic, or his brother) doesn't put it in backwards?

Sorry, couldn't resist.....

One serious thought...In general, deeper is better, so it looks like it could be an improvement aerodynamically.

Re: Xentis Mark 1 TT 8 years, 1 month ago #10233

  • JV
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1101
  • Karma: 0
Tom_Anhalt wrote:
Did they put any type of markings or features on the front wheel so Jan (or his mechanic, or his brother) doesn't put it in backwards?


I thought his brother was his mechanic?

Not that he really needs wheels or a mechanic at the moment...

Re: Xentis Mark 1 TT 8 years, 1 month ago #10234

  • VVV
  • OFFLINE
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 26
  • Karma: 0
JV wrote:
Tom_Anhalt wrote:
Did they put any type of markings or features on the front wheel so Jan (or his mechanic, or his brother) doesn't put it in backwards?


I thought his brother was his mechanic?

Not that he really needs wheels or a mechanic at the moment...


Yeah, his brother is his mechanic.

Anyways, back to the wheels, yeah deeper is better, of course, but I guess my question is, so the old Xentis wheels were bad in side wind I guess, woudl the deeperness(new word) of these help that? Xentis says is saves 4 more watts, but I just wonder about it's performance in side wind. Anyways, it's late so I hope all of that makes sence.

Re: Xentis Mark 1 TT 8 years, 1 month ago #10239

  • Tom_Anhalt
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1007
  • Karma: 0
VVV wrote:
Anyways, back to the wheels, yeah deeper is better, of course, but I guess my question is, so the old Xentis wheels were bad in side wind I guess, woudl the deeperness(new word) of these help that?


In general, yes.

VVV wrote:
Xentis says is saves 4 more watts...


My response to claims like that is: "Under what conditions?" I always come back to a quote from an old co-worker..."Show me the data!".

As we've seen in some recent discussions, aerodynamic performance under various yaw angles (and how it's reported) can be very important in equipment selection decisions.

Re: Xentis Mark 1 TT 8 years, 1 month ago #10240

  • VVV
  • OFFLINE
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 26
  • Karma: 0
Tom_Anhalt wrote:


My response to claims like that is: "Under what conditions?" I always come back to a quote from an old co-worker..."Show me the data!".

As we've seen in some recent discussions, aerodynamic performance under various yaw angles (and how it's reported) can be very important in equipment selection decisions.


yes, yes, of course, I obviously didn't impart my skepticism of their claims well enough. If it saves 4 watts or not really dosen't matter to me, it's the increase of usefullness at different yaw angles. I've never ridden a tt where the wind was comming head on the entire time.
  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.75 seconds

Poll

Which type of tire is more aerodynamic?