stem spacers or arm pad risers?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: stem spacers or arm pad risers?

stem spacers or arm pad risers? 8 years, 1 month ago #25534

• bikedude
  • Expert Boarder
Hey all have a question for you.
I have a Felt B2 comp 58cm and I’m running 3cm of spacer under the stem, now that may sound like a lot of I’m 6’1” and have a 36” inseam, so long legs and a shorter torso so the top tube on the frame/bike is just right and I have a flat back and feel powerful so I feel that I’m in the right position.
Now my question should I take out the spacers lower the base bare down and use arm pad risers to put me in the same position? I talked to my Felt dealer and was told that 3cm of spacers under the stem is no prob. So would I be taking any frontal area out by losing the spacers and adding arm pad risers?
Or is it more aero to have the arm pads flat on the base bar? Oh and I’m using Oval A700 integrated bars
Thanks
Dan…

Re: stem spacers or arm pad risers? 8 years, 1 month ago #25535

• NGMN
  • Expert Boarder
All the British track cyclist seem to run a few spacers:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ySCIT3KO9Zc/R ... d_Cup.jpeg

And to back that up, "Superdave" from Felt over on forum.Slowtwitch once stated that the two extremes tend to do well. i.e. your elbows should either sit on your basebars or a generous gap is good. You should search over there and see if you can find it as I'm sure a bump may get his attention.

There is one other consideration which may or may not matter to you which is basebar position. Do you want your basebar 3cm lower?
Also, will you maintain your forearm angle? I feel like the A700 bar, the pads go up but the extensions stay in the same place. Having you arms downsloping may be the real problem with running the pad spacers.

Just a couple of thoughts, but nothing concrete.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds

Poll

Which type of tire is more aerodynamic?